In collaboration with Somaliland Seura ry (SL), an umbrella organisation of Somaliland community organisations in Finland, SSE is organising its Annual General Meeting and Conference on:
Date: 25th– 26th April 2014
Venue: Hilton Strand Hotel, Helsinki, Finland
- Challenges the Republic of Somaliland faces, and the opportunities it has.
- The issue of the recognition of Somaliland and its implications for the security, stability and development in the Horn of Afric
- The role of culture in the development of Somaliland.
- Ways of improving partnership working, networking and collaboration between Somaliland organisations in Europe and the Government of the Republic of Somaliland.
- Ahmed Ismail Samatar, James Wallace, professor of International Studies, Dean of the Institute for Global Citizenship. USA
- Marja Tiilikainen, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Jama Musse Jama, Redsea Culture Foundation, Somaliland
- Seppo Lehtinen, Chairperson of Turku City Council, Finland
- Riika Kangas, Africa desk, Foreign Ministry, Finland
- Liisa Jaakonsaari, Member of European Parliament, Finland
- Andrew A Rebold, Project Coordinator IOM country Office, Finland.
- Mia Nuikka, International Solidarity Foundation executive director, Finland
- Leo Koski Awale, Training director-University of Jyvaskya, Finland
- Hussein Abdillahi, SSE former executive, now based in Somaliland
- Maija Kajava, Social activist, Finland
- Representatives of Somaliland Diaspora Organisations: Others Speakers include: Mohamed Harun, Mohmed Meigaag, Kadar Houssein Abdi
- We are also expecting Somaliland Government Officials to join us.
For more information contact the SSE preparatory committee
Abdourahman Yassin Hassan Nur,
Chair of SSE (Somaliland Seure executive member)
Tel: 0033689831266 Tel: 00358452085403
Hassan Ali Mustafa Ismail
Chair of Somaliland Member of Preparatory committee
Tel; 00358445564652 Tel: 0044 7983804940
Iid Hassan (SSE Executive member) Moote Haji Ali (SSE Executive member)
Tel: 00447870515334 Tel: 00447912639319